How to refer
Please contact us for a professionals referral form.
New online referral form for professionals coming soon ...
Who should you refer?
- Over 17 and a half years old
- Experiencing common mental health problems which impact on their ability to self-manage
- Not at risk of suicide
- Patients with medically unexplained symptoms and long term conditions who are experiencing mild to moderate presentations of depression or anxiety which impact on their ability to self-manage
- Patients must be registered with a GP in Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes Talking Therapies is not able to accept referrals for patients who are presenting with:
- Significant risk of self-neglect, suicide or dangerous levels of harm to themselves or others
- Patients currently supported by secondary care mental health services
- Primary problem of alcohol or substance misuse
- Patients with personality disorder or enduring personality difficulties who clearly have more complex treatment needs
- Patients where eating disorder is the primary diagnosis
- Patients where anger is the primary problem
What can talking therapies help with?
- Depression and low mood
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Fear or phobias
- Physical health anxiety